One of my favorite third jerseys belongs to the Chicago Blackhawks. And lucky for me, they plan to wear it against my Tampa Bay Lightning later this season.
The sweater debuted at the 2009 Winter Classic at Wrigley Field and was adopted as the team's alternate uniform the following season. Our buddy Glen C. emailed in to let us know the Hawks released their third jersey schedule earlier this week.
The sweater is set for an 11-date run during the 2010-11 campaign, including its season debut next Friday. Here's the full rundown:
- Fri., Oct. 29 - vs Edmonton
- Wed., Nov. 10 - vs Phoenix
- Wed., Dec. 8 - vs Dallas
- Wed., Dec. 22 - vs Nashville
- Wed., Jan. 12 - vs Colorado
- Tue., Jan. 25 - vs Minnesota
- Tue., Feb. 1 - @ Columbus
- Thu., Feb. 24 - @ Nashville
- Fri., Mar. 4 - vs Carolina
- Sat., Mar. 26 - vs Anaheim
- Sun., Apr. 3 - vs Tampa Bay
As you can see, the schedule includes two road games during the month of February against division rivals. That means the Blue Jackets and Predators will wear white at home on those nights.
Only Nashville will see the jersey twice this season and the Southeast Division's Hurricanes and Lightning are the only Eastern Conference teams set to face it.
By the way, in case all of these third jersey dates are too much for you to keep track of, count on the Icethetics calendar in the sidebar to do all the heavy lifting.