The Vancouver Canucks released a schedule detailing when their two special sweaters will be used during the 2010-11 season.
In addition to the third jersey introduced in 2008, the Canucks will sport a throwback jersey to celebrate 40 years in the National Hockey League. The new sweater debuted on opening night at Rogers Arena when the Canucks hosted the Los Angeles Kings for the 40th anniversary night.
Icethetics reader Kevin wrote in yesterday with the link via Twitter. I'm not sure how long this schedule has been posted on the Canucks' website, though. The alternate will be worn on nine occasions while the vintage sweater gets a total of five games.
First, the full third jersey schedule as follows:
- Fri., Oct. 22 - vs Minnesota
- Sat., Nov. 20 - vs Chicago
- Sun., Dec. 5 - vs St. Louis
- Tue., Dec. 28 - vs Philadelphia
- Fri., Jan. 7 - vs Edmonton
- Sat., Jan. 22 - vs Calgary
- Mon., Feb. 7 - vs Ottawa
- Sat., Feb. 26 - vs Boston
- Sat., Apr. 2 - vs Edmonton
Interestingly, the month of March seems to be the most popular for third jerseys around the rest of the league. Vancouver doesn't plan to wear anything special then.
Now, the short retro jersey schedule:
- Fri., Oct. 9 - vs Los Angeles
- Tue., Oct. 26 - vs Colorado
- Sat., Nov. 6 - vs Detroit
- Sat., Dec. 18 - vs Toronto
- Tues., Feb. 22 - vs Montreal
Obviously, four of the above dates have already past but better late than never, right?
I also have unofficial third jersey schedules for the Flames and Senators. Those will be going up as soon as I can find a moment to spare.