Today, a loyal Icethetics reader emailed in a photo of the red team's jersey. I'm told the sweater was found hanging on a rack inside a Pittsburgh sporting goods store. You can see some Penguins jerseys beside it.
I don't want to reveal where exactly this was found as I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble, merely to show you guys. A few observations based on the photo:
- The gaudy Reebok patch on the front tells us this is a Premier replica jersey, not an Authentic one like the players will wear.
- The collar is a style we've never before seen on a Reebok Edge jersey. Nice to see something fresh.
- The red NHL shield fits perfectly with what was posted last week, but because this isn't a customized jersey, there's no number above it.
- There appear to be red stars spaced out around the bottom of the sweater just above silver and maroon stripes.
- The arced pinstripes on the lower part of the sleeves resemble what I was trying to describe as the design inside the numbers on the back of the uniform.
- And the All-Star Game logo patch seems to be placed on the top of the right shoulder, not the front as previously assumed.
I still don't have a picture of the blue jersey to share but it's probably a safe bet it will be the inverse of this one. Having seen this, are there any concept artists that care to take a stab at the set? You have my email.