Couple of new third jersey schedules to get on the blog today.
I'm still holding out hope that one day they'll come to their senses and drop this jersey in favor of the gold Winter Classic one. But if I recall right, I don't think many Bruins fans would agree with me on that one.
The alternate threads will see action in 11 home games throughout the year. Here's the breakdown:
- Sat., Oct. 22 – vs. San Jose Sharks
- Tues., Nov. 15 – vs. New Jersey Devils
- Fri., Nov. 25 – vs. Detroit Red Wings
- Thurs., Dec. 8 – vs. Florida Panthers
- Mon., Dec. 19 – vs. Montreal Canadiens
- Sat., Jan. 21 – vs. New York Rangers
- Tues., Jan. 31 – vs. Ottawa Senators
- Sat., Feb. 11 – vs. Nashville Predators
- Sat., Mar. 3 – vs. New York Islanders
- Sat., Mar. 17 – vs. Philadelphia Flyers
- Sat., Apr. 7 – vs. Buffalo Sabres
The Bruins also pointed out that on Sat., Dec. 3, they'll wear their road white jerseys at home when they host the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Still think it's incomplete without waist stripes.
Moving on now to L.A.
The new third jersey is a reprise of their old home jersey which lasted from 2007 until last year. (The new home jersey was the third until last year.) Plus, they're bringing back the brightly-colored purple and gold Legends Night jersey for a few games.
But first, the third jersey will see action in just eight games (two on the road), about half of the league maximum.
- Thurs., Nov. 3 – vs. Edmonton Oilers
- Tues., Nov. 8 – vs. Nashville Predators
- Tues., Nov. 22 – at St. Louis Blues
- Wed., Nov. 23 – at Dallas Stars
- Thurs., Dec. 8 – vs. Minnesota Wild
- Thurs., Jan. 5 – vs. Phoenix Coyotes
- Thurs., Jan. 12 – vs. Dallas Stars
- Thurs., Feb. 16 – vs. Phoenix Coyotes
Some of those dates are pulled from the Kings' website via the link above. The rest come from LA Kings Insider Rich Hammond in a blog post from October 25.
There are only three Legends Nights, where the Kings will don those über-retro sweaters from the 1960s. They are as follows:
- Sat., Dec. 10 – vs. Dallas Stars
- Mon., Jan. 2 – vs. Colorado Avalanche
- Sat., Feb. 18 – vs. Calgary Flames
A couple other teams should be sporting retro jerseys on Jan. 2, but we're still waiting to see what the Rangers' and Flyers' Winter Classic jerseys will look like.
All of these schedules are going in the sidebar calendar along with the Tampa Bay Lightning's schedule. They haven't officially released a schedule, but they've historically worn the BOLTS jersey for weekend home games only and that's continued into this season.
Another third jersey schedule to add.
The Florida Panthers confirmed via Twitter last week that the blue third jerseys will be worn for all Sunday home games during the season.
This is apparently the final season that we'll be seeing the "JetBlue jerseys" as you'll recall Miami Herald beat writer George Richards reported in September that team management has fallen out of love with the look in a big way. GM Mike Santos actually called them "silly colors," referring to the dark blue and light blue of the alternate uniform.
So I went through the Panthers' season schedule these Sunday home games appear to be the final eight for this doomed sweater:
- Sun., Nov. 6 – vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
- Sun., Nov. 13 – vs. Philadelphia Flyers
- Sun., Dec. 18 – vs. Carolina Hurricanes
- Sun., Feb. 19 – vs. Anaheim Ducks
- Sun., Feb. 26 – vs. Montreal Canadiens
- Sun., Mar. 4 – vs. Ottawa Senators
- Sun., Mar. 11 – vs. Carolina Hurricanes
- Sun., Mar. 25 – vs. New York Islanders
I understand Santos' position. This jersey doesn't exactly scream Panthers and it got a lot of crap for borrowing the colors of the Penguins' third, but... I've always thought it was a nice looking jersey.
But I guess that leaves another question. When this jersey is retired, will the Panthers go back to the third jersey drawing board? Or will they stick with just two sweaters for a while? And if they do try a new third, what's there best bet?