Tomorrow is a big day for Icethetics. The biggest ever, in fact.
Two NHL teams are unveiling new uniforms and — for the first time ever — I'll be there in person to report on one of them. It's a long way this little blog has come in six years and it's all thanks to the Dallas Stars — who graciously invited me to their event — and you guys, of course.
I'm immensely grateful to the dozens of readers who donated a few bucks here and there to help cover my travel costs. But without the thousands of readers like you who drop in every day, there wouldn't be an Icethetics at all. So this whole trip to Dallas is for everyone. And I intend to share every minute.
Since you can't physically travel with me, the next best thing is Twitter. (If you don't do Twitter, at least bookmark this page tomorrow and watch the updates roll in.) I'll be tweeting all day.
Here's the schedule. Since I'll be in Dallas, all times are CENTRAL:
- Tuesday, 6:00 AM — New Hurricanes concept art goes live on the Concepts page.
- 9:30 AM — My flight to Dallas departs. Should be just under 4 hours.
- 11:00 AM — HURRICANES UNVEILING: The fun starts in Raleigh while I'm somewhere above the Rocky Mountains. The Carolina Hurricanes will unveil their new uniforms inside PNC Arena at noon local time. The event will be streamed live on the team's website. I just hope my plane is equipped with wi-fi so I can follow along in real time.
- 1:30 PM — I land in Dallas. Once I'm checked in to my hotel room, I'll get to work recapping the Hurricanes' unveiling on the blog.
- 2:30 PM — New Stars concept art goes live on the Concepts page.
- 5:30 PM — STARS UNVEILING: Two hours have been blocked off for this event. I don't know what time exactly the new logos and uniforms will be revealed to us, but if you're following my tweets, you'll know as soon as I do.
- 7:30 PM — The great folks in Dallas agreed to set up an interview for me with someone who can talk about the new branding efforts. I don't have any details on that yet. Any write-up would probably come later in the week.
- Late Tuesday — Following that interview, I'll get to work on a blog recap of the Stars' unveiling event as well. Not sure where I'll be squeezing in meals on this trip, but food is for chumps anyway. Amiright?
- Wednesday, 8:00 AM — I'm on a plane right back home. (Gotta get back to my real job, you know.) I'll use to the flight to try to put together some thoughtful reviews on the new looks we were treated to on Tuesday. Oh, and did I mention it's my birthday? I can think of worse ways to spend it.
Fair warning — I plan to tweet the whole trip. Or as much as I can without overwhelming your feed. It'll be like you're right there with me — good or bad — for about 30 hours.
I'm extremely psyched about tomorrow. It'll be a long, hectic day — but I'm sure completely worth it in the end.