The IceHL's newest team has officially been named the Hawaii Honu. Now that the club has a moniker, it needs a logo and uniforms.
Today, we start the logo design process! Artists of all experience levels are welcome to submit their creations to represent the Hawaii Honu.
There are a few ground rules in IceHL design contests, but they must be followed:
- DO NOT STEAL ARTWORK. No copying or tracing. No clipart. No adapting existing designs. No "borrowing." Create something original and distinctive!
- Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Valid entries will include at least a PRIMARY LOGO and a WORDMARK. Secondary logos are at the designer's discretion.
- Please submit vector artwork (PDF/AI/SVG) if at all possible as this will be helpful in creating graphics for the website as well as the IceHL yearbook. (I will also accept high-resolution JPG and PNG formats.)
- Include your FIRST AND LAST NAME as well as your EMAIL ADDRESS on the actual artwork.
- Finally, by submitting artwork, you agree to allow Icethetics to use it in conjunction with all IceHL-related projects and publications.
DEADLINE: Friday, June 13
You have nearly four weeks to design and submit your work. Have fun and good luck! We'll begin voting on Wed., June 18 so if you end up needing extra time, please let me know in advance.
Not a Designer? You can still help!
Maybe you lack the skills and talents needed to create a logo, but you have a great idea for a design. Try putting it into words. Describe your idea in the comments and maybe it'll help one of our designers who's struggling to come up with an idea. You may not get a design credit, but you can still be part of the process!
Good luck to everyone!