We're still months away from the start of the season, but the San Jose Sharks have already announced third jersey dates for the 2011-12 season. They'll wear it 15 times, all at home, mostly on Thursday nights.
The black sweater was launched in 2008 under the nickname BlackArmor during a brief sponsorship agreement with Seagate. The Sharks wore it for home games throughout their 2011 Stanley Cup playoff run.
Here's the new schedule from the team's official website:
- Thurs., Nov. 3 – vs Pittsburgh Penguins
- Thurs., Nov. 10 – vs. Minnesota Wild
- Thurs., Nov. 17 – vs. Detroit Red Wings
- Thurs., Dec. 1 – vs. Montreal Canadiens
- Thurs., Dec. 8 – vs. Dallas Stars
- Thurs., Dec. 15 – vs. Colorado Avalanche
- Fri., Dec. 23 – vs. Los Angeles Kings
- Thurs., Jan. 5 – vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
- Thurs., Jan. 19 – vs. Ottawa Senators
- Thurs., Feb. 2 – vs. Dallas Stars
- Fri., Feb. 10 – vs. Chicago Blackhawks
- Thurs., Mar. 1 – vs. Buffalo Sabres
- Thurs., Mar. 15 – vs. Nashville Predators
- Thurs., Mar. 22 – vs. Boston Bruins
- Sat., Apr. 7 – vs. Los Angeles Kings
The Kings and Stars will each face the Sharks in black for two of their three visits to San Jose. Five of the 15 games are against Eastern Conference foes.
Of course, as the team's website notes, the above schedule is subject to change. And not that you care, but in the odd case that you wanted a quick link back to the Sharks' 2010-11 third jersey schedule, here it is.