The Vancouver Canucks will sport their stick-in-the-rink third jersey 15 times according to the schedule posted on the team's website.
The current alternate uniform, entering its fourth season, has been in use since the 2008-09 season — the first year of third jerseys after Reebok took over in 2007. Last year, the Canucks introduced a replica of their original 1970 white jersey in honor of their 40th anniversary. It does not appear they will continue to use it this year.
Here's an overview of the 15 nights they plan to put the blue thirds to work during the 2011-12 campaign:
- Tues., Oct. 18 – vs. New York Rangers
- Sat., Oct. 22 – vs. Minnesota Wild
- Tues., Oct. 25 – at Edmonton Oilers
- Sat., Oct. 29 – vs. Washington Capitals
- Wed., Nov. 16 – vs. Chicago Blackhawks
- Mon., Dec. 26 – vs. Edmonton Oilers
- Mon., Jan. 2 – vs. San Jose Sharks
- Sat., Jan. 21 – vs. San Jose Sharks
- Thurs., Feb. 2 – vs. Detroit Red Wings
- Sat., Feb. 18 – vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
- Sat., Mar. 3 – vs. Buffalo Sabres
- Thurs., Mar. 8 – vs. Winnipeg Jets
- Sat., Mar. 10 – vs. Montreal Canadiens
- Fri., Mar. 30 – vs. Dallas Stars
- Sat., Apr. 7 – vs. Edmonton Oilers
The lone road game for the alternate jersey is on Oct. 25 in Edmonton. The rest are at Rogers Arena.
I think someone pointed out the other day that is seems the Sabres are showing up on a lot of other teams' third jersey schedules this season. And here they are again. What's up with that?
One last note. Burrows gets a special look here for one reason: He's on my Tampa Bay Barracudas IceHL fantasy team. Go Cudas! (Seriously, the IceHL should be a blast this year!)