It was 81 days ago that the first polls were posted, the first step along the road to creating the Hawaii Honu and the logo you see above. Now we embark on the last phase of the project with the start of the jersey design contest.
- Design 2 jerseys (light and dark) using team colors and logos provided. (Equipment such as socks, gloves and helmets is optional.)
- Both jerseys must be in the same image file (PNG or PDF preferred).
- Submit your final design to email@example.com by July 11.
- Include your first and last name and email address in the graphic you submit and the body of your email. (Your name will be displayed during voting but your email address will remain private.)
- Most important: GET CREATIVE!
JERSEY DESIGN KIT
To enter the contest you will need to download the IceHL Jersey Design Kit. Click the blue button the right.
The Design Kit is a ZIP containing the following files:
- 1 double jersey template (PNG)
- 3 Hawaii Honu logos (primary, secondary and wordmark)
Unlike in past design contests, the template I am providing is strongly encouraged, but not required.
Designers may use any template they choose as long as the resulting image uses a 5x3 aspect ratio (preferably 1600x960 pixels) and includes these elements:
- Two complete jerseys (front and back for both)
- Full set of numbers and letters (make note of any fonts used)
- Optional: socks, helmets, gloves and pants
When customizing your jerseys, please choose from the following members of the Hawaii Honu fantasy hockey league roster:
- 19 · THORNTON
- 74 · OSHIE
- 1 · LUONGO or HILLER
- 16 · MacARTHUR
Please note that the Hawaii Honu logos in the Design Kit are to be used only on jersey submissions. You may not use them for any other purpose.
Final note. Simply submitting your jersey design doesn't guarantee it will be included in the voting process. If it doesn't meet a certain level of quality, I'll give you the opportunity to try again as long as you meet the deadline. (But I always accept far more than I reject.)
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JULY 11
As always, if you have any questions, please ask by email or in the comments. Good luck to all!