The time has come to reveal the winning names for the IceHL World Division B teams and to begin accepting your awesome logo submissions!
Just like Division A, I have prepared some inspiration graphics to help get your creative wheels turning. Again, I am not attempting to suggest any particular color palettes or design elements in any way. The final design decisions will be up to you!
There they are! Your final four IceHL World expansion teams — the Crete Minotaurs, Geneva Mountaineers, Gold Coast Rush, and Royal London H.C. What do you think?
Now let's get this show on the road. Artists of all experience levels are welcome to submit their creations to represent these four IceHL franchises.
There are a few ground rules in IceHL design contests, but they must be followed:
- DO NOT STEAL ARTWORK. No copying or tracing. No clipart. No adapting existing designs. No "borrowing." Create something original and distinctive!
- Entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valid entries will include at least a PRIMARY LOGO, SECONDARY LOGO and a WORDMARK. (Note: Secondary logos are now mandatory.)
- Please submit vector artwork (PDF/AI) if at all possible as this will be helpful in creating graphics for the website as well as the IceHL yearbook. (I will also accept high-resolution JPG and PNG formats, but please do not save a raster file as a PDF.)
- Include your FIRST AND LAST NAME as well as your EMAIL ADDRESS on the actual artwork.
- Finally, by submitting artwork, you agree to grant Icethetics rights to use it in conjunction with all IceHL-related projects and publications.
DEADLINE: Friday, July 25
You have three full weeks to design and submit your work. Have fun and good luck! We'll begin voting on June 30 so if you end up needing a little extra time, please let me know as soon as possible.
SPECIAL NOTE: ROYAL LONDON H.C.
I realize I'm walking a thin line by permitting this name in the first place given its closeness in concept to the Los Angeles Kings, Manchester Monarchs and Reading Royals. So to help us avoid any accidental trademark infringement, I'm setting some ground rules for your Royal London H.C. logo submissions:
- No crowns. Think of it as a challenge. How do you represent royalty without a crown? That's what will make this team's logo epic.
- No lions. All three aforementioned teams currently or have in the past used lions in their logos. We will not.
- Any logo submitted that is based on a crown or lion will be automatically rejected.
- I know, I used a photo of the crown jewels in my inspiration graphic. Dumb. Obviously I came up with these rules after I posted that. (Too late now.) Please learn from my mistake.
NOT A DESIGNER? YOU CAN STILL HELP!
Maybe you lack the skills and talents needed to create a logo, but you have a great idea for a design. Try putting it into words. Describe your idea in the comments and maybe it'll help one of our designers who's struggling to come up with an idea. You may not get a design credit, but you can still be part of the process!
Good luck to everyone!