The St. Louis Blues officially revealed their new third jersey to fans today. And to no one's surprise, they're bringing back the 2017 Winter Classic look — itself a replica of the club's inaugural uniform from 1967.
The Blues are calling it their "Heritage Jersey," but unlike other teams that have used that term, they will wear this sweater in 11 games in 2018-19 — just like a standard third jersey. We'll be able to see it for the first time on opening night, Oct. 6 as the Blues host the Chicago Blackhawks.
If you look through the detail photos, you'll see the same name and number fonts in use, but there is something new. The St. Louis city flag design element on the inside of the collar has been brought over from the new Adizero primary jerseys introduced last year. And while we're on at the collar, of course it's been converted to the new Adizero style as well.
Here are all the "Heritage Jersey Night" dates the team announced:
- Oct. 6 vs. Chicago Blackhawks
- Nov. 3 vs. Minnesota Wild
- Nov. 24 vs. Winnipeg Jets
- Dec. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
- Jan. 5 vs. New York Islanders
- Jan. 19 vs. Ottawa Senators
- Feb. 9 vs. Nashville Predators
- Feb. 23 vs. Boston Bruins
- March 2 vs. Dallas Stars
- March 23 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
- April 6 vs. Vancouver Canucks
Did the Blues make the right call going retro again?