The 2012 expansion of the IceHL Project is moving right along. Today, I'm unveiling the team names and accepting logo design submissions for both teams.
- Hartford Mariners
- Northwest Narwhals
Based on these names, your task — should you choose to accept it — is to brand the franchises. You choose the color scheme and design primary, secondary and script logos around that. You may design additional logos, but these 3 will be the ones included in the voting process.
Submit your work to email@example.com. I'm also outlining guidelines for submissions below. If you don't follow them, your work will probably not be included.
Logo submission deadline: Saturday, May 5
- DO NOT STEAL ARTWORK. Logos copied or even adapted from existing designs will not be accepted. Do something original!
- Submit THREE (3) logos: primary, secondary and wordmark. Vector format (PDF) is preferred. If you cannot provide a vector version, a high-resolution PNG will be acceptable. Use a white background. If your logo requires a white outline (think old Lightning or Capitals logos), then use a gray background with the white outline included. ALL 3 LOGOS will be used in the voting process. If you leave out one, your work may be disqualified.
- You must include your first and last name within the graphic itself as well as the email. I need them in both places so I can easily search my email to find your artwork and email address.
- By submitting your own original artwork to any Icethetics email address, you agree to grant permission of its use for online or print publication by Icethetics. Do not watermark your logos. Your work will be protected for use in projects related to Icethetics only.
- No jersey concepts, please. That will come later on.
I'm happy to answer any additional questions you may have. All logo submissions that meet the above criteria will be included in the voting process next month.
A few years ago when we did this for the rest of the IceHL teams, there were some incredible logo designs submitted. I can't be certain whether the same talented artists will be with us this time around, but I do hope so. Good luck to everyone!
Submissions for this contest are now closed. Voting on the eligible submissions is scheduled to start on May 14.